Wednesday 9 May 2012

Playing with the White Rabbit

We have been extending the range of stamps that we are able to offer in the shop and one of my favourite ones is the Alice stamp sets from IndigoBlu.  I created this card for a friend's 50th birthday recently and had such fun playing with Distress Inks, stamping and just generally getting messy!


Using my craft sheet I swiped several different Distress Ink Pads across, ensuring that they didn't touch, and then misted them with a little water from my mini mister so that they formed little 'globules' (so love that word!).  I then dabbed white glossy card onto the wet ink and heated it using a heat tool.  I repeated the process a few times until I was pleased with the coverage.  I stamped the White Rabbit from the Alice II Stamp Set onto white card and added the Happy Birthday wording, from the same stamp set (there are several different options for wording which I love).  I cut out the image and inked the edges with Distress Ink.  On the background card I stamped the swirls included on the Alice II set in two corners in Archival Ink and used the Script stamp and stamped this too.  The rabbit was added using 3D foam pads and a piece of black gingham ribbon and then it was matted onto black cardstock.  With some of the scraps of the inked glossy paper I die-cut the word 'Fifty'.

Supplies Used (all available from the website):-
Stamps: Alice II Rubber Stamp Set, Script Background Stamp - IndigoBlu
Ink: Black Soot, Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pads, Jet Black, Sepia Archival Ink - Ranger
Ribbon: Black Gingham 6mm - Spiral
Tools: Non-Stick Crafting Sheet - Stix2, Mini Mister - Ranger, Slim Jims Acrylic Wafters - IndigoBlu
Cardstock: Raven - Bazzill
Other: Glossy white card, plain white card both from own stash

The card was a lot of fun to make and really very simple - I just had fun experimenting.  I hope you like my little creation!

Happy Crafting!
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment