Friday 11 May 2012

May Sketch #2

Well it is Friday again and I have a new sketch for you.  But firstly I want to announce the winner of last week's Sketch Challenge and the winner is .... (just allowing a little time for the drum roll!!!), Sue Costi.  Sue created a lovely layout using part of her 'Beautiful Dreamer' Kit from last October.  Unfortunately I am having a few difficulties uploading the picture onto the Blog as it keeps turning it upside down!!!  Why this is happening I am not quite sure but I will upload it as soon as I can but as the day is passing very rapidly I wanted to make the announcement anyway and also let you see this week's sketch.

May Sketch Challenge #2 by Kate Holliday

And now my interpretation of the sketch which I had a lot of fun creating.  I don't scrap photos of my son as much anymore because he is away at university, therefore less opportunity for taking photos, so it was lovely doing these photos which I took last summer at a family wedding.  I got messy with paint, inks and stamps and I hope you like the result.

 'Photo Op.' by Kate Holliday

Supplies used:-
Cardstock: 'Nightmis't, 'Kraft' - Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Good Day Sunshine Boy 'Hit the Road', 'Sunshine Stripe' (the reverse of both were used) - My Minds Eye, Et Cetera 'Cut Outs', 'Combo Stickers' - Bo Bunny
Paint: Adirondack Paint Dabber 'Pool' - Ranger
Ink: Distress Ink Pads 'Antique Linen', 'Vintage Photo' - Ranger
Stamps: Tim Holtz 'Psychedelic Grunge' - Stampers Anonymous
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-Ology 'Memo Pins', Chipboard Shapes 'Stars' - Bazzill
(The tag was from some clothing)

Do have a go with the sketch and send in your photos.  Sue said 'I think the sketch is a great idea as it gives you a starting point when sometimes you are stuck for ideas'.  Sue will win the papers from the Bo Bunny 'Country Garden' range and you could be receiving your prize next week too but not if you don't enter!

Have a great weekend and I will try and get Sue's layout onto the Blog as soon as possible.

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment