Friday 25 May 2012

May Sketch Challenge #4 and Last Weeks Winner

Wow, I can't believe the difference a week has made in the weather - it is so hot!  Probably not hot compared with the South of France or Greece etc but as I was still wearing thick cardigans at the weekend and now we are having a heatwave the shock to my system is taking a bit of getting used to!!  Anyway, I am being very British moaning about the weather, for which I apologise, and it is so lovely to see the sunshine so I will continue on a happier note!

We have a new Friday Sketch which is the last one of our May Challenges.  However, they have proved very popular so we may well continue them in some format or another.

May Sketch Challenge #4

And here is my interpretation of the Sketch.  The observant of you will know that I have posted this layout before but it has been so busy lately that I hope you won't mind seeing it again!

'Added Reason to Visit' by Kate Holliday

I used our gorgeous April monthly kit 'Evangeline' to create the layout and had a lot of fun cutting out the flowers and butterflies from one of the patterned papers. 

Supplies Used:-
Evangeline April Monthly Kit
Ink: Distress Ink Pads 'Vintage Photo', 'Tattered Rose', Ranger
Tools: 'Paper Distresser', Tim Holtz Idea-ology
 
And now for last week's winner.  I am delighted to announce that the winner of the May Sketch Challenge #3 is Tracy Harris with this fabulous interpretation of the sketch in the form of a card.


'Travel Card' by Tracy Harris

This is an 8" x 8" card which Tracy has distressed with Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge and Tea Dye Distress Ink Pads.  Tracy punched holes in a small piece of acetate in various sizes using her Cropodile and then sponged the same colours of Distress Inks through the stencil she had created.  Using the Harlequin Stamp, FlitterGlu and Lancashire Rose Mega Flake Tracy finished the wonderful background effect.  The stamps she has used on the main images are all from the Grand Tour 1 stamp set.  The tickets she cut out by hand.  (Tracy, like me, is a big IndigoBlu fan.)

I was so impressed with the way Tracy had adapted the sketch to create a card and particularly with her really clever background which looks so effective.  Thank you so much for sending the picture in Tracy and you will be receiving your prize of the 'Alora' patterned papers from Bo Bunny very soon.

It has been a joy looking at all the beautiful layouts that you have sent in, there are some incredibly talented crafters out there and I am so glad that you entered the competition.  I cannot wait to see what you produce for next week.

Have a great weekend.
Kate
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment