Thursday 17 January 2013

Check-In


Our travel-themed mini kit, 'Check-in' has proved very popular since its launch and we only have a very few left but I wanted to share with you a couple of fabulous  creations using the kit by the very talented Caroline Lovett.  Caroline is the organiser of the Scrapstars Retreat, the next one of which takes place from the 1st - 3rd    March this year.  This event really is wonderful and if you can possibly go I do urge you to get signed up soon.  If you are unable to make the whole weekend but live   in the area then day places are available.

Here is Caroline's wonderful layout with a few words from her:-

'New York' by Caroline Lovett

"I have used some of the sticker sheet from the kit across the top, down the left side and one tucked under each of the bottom corners.  Initially I gutted the  red paper with the blue map pattern on the back, so that I had some of this to use elsewhere.  I knew I would be sticking the whole of the fancy edged paper on top of this so it    seemed a waste not to do so.  I cut a slot in the bottom left hand corner and tucked some embellishments in there.  I pleated the black ribbon and made a couple of      pennants for the top right hand side.  I used a little bit of the "air mail" blue and    red strip across the pennants and across the passport on the right hand corner, just   to decorate them a little.  I used the mustard ticket sticker on the left to cover a     postmark which said Australia which I didn't want to see.  The large postcard has   been used as a mat across the middle of the page on an angle, mini postcards and    tickets have been used as other embellishments."



Check back again tomorrow as Caroline shares another of her fabulous creations    using the 'Check-In' Kit.

Have a good evening :).
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment