Wednesday 1 February 2012

Love Me Mini Kit

This month we have launched a beautiful love-themed Mini Kit, 'Love Me'.  It uses the beautiful papers from My Mind's Eye range of the same name and includes a great 12"x12" accessory sheet with all sorts of fun goodies.  Full details of the Kit's contents can be found on the website but below are the papers in detail and also a couple of layouts I have produced using the Kit.







 'G & C' by Kate Holliday
Our nieces' wedding last summer was a wonderful occasion and the colour theme for the wedding was red so these papers were the perfect choice.  I loved this doily paper and it made the perfect background for this wedding photo.  The lighter 'love' words paper worked as a matt for the photo so that it didn't become lost and I love the Tim Holtz key and lock which were fun to use.  I mounted the layout onto the red cardstock and distressed the edges of the patterned paper and inked the edges with 'Worn Lipstick' Distress Ink.  I machine sewed around the patterned paper and the photo which adds a little more detail and also helps to draw the eye into the photo.  I strung the Tim Holtz Key onto the pretty sheer ribbon which I then curled around the edge of the matt - you can really have fun with wedding layouts!!  With a very simple title, just using the couple's initials and one of the journaling cards from the accessories sheet held with one of the Tim Holtz pins, the layout was complete.

'You're Still the One' by Kate Holliday
This layout I have made for my husband for Valentine's Day.  I am not normally prone to lots of sentimentality but I loved this photo I took of him in the autumn, which is so very him, and these words from Shania Twain's song always make me think of him and our relationship.  The colours of the kit were once again perfect with the photo but this time I used the red and pink more as highlights rather than the main theme and teamed these with the Vanilla cardstock and black, both in the papers and with 'Black Soot' Distress Ink, which made it slightly more suited to a man.  I printed some of the lyrics from the song from the computer and cut these into strips and edged everything with the black ink.  Once again the sewing machine came out and I sewed along the thin strips and along the edge of the song lyrics.  A couple of concertina flowers and die-cuts from the accessories sheet clustered in the corner of the photo to help draw the eye to the photo area and otherwise the layout was kept quite clean and simple, again more suited to a man.

I have lots of leftovers from the Kit, certainly enough to make at least one more layout and some cards so the Kit is excellent value and because all of the papers have at least one side that is not love-themed it is perfect for use on any number of projects, but on the other hand a little bit of romance never did anyone any harm!!!

I hope you have fun with the Kit and I would love to see what you produce using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment