Monday 23 January 2012

More with Madame Boutique

I have been having another play with our gorgeous January Kit, 'Madame Boutique'.  I just love the colours in the papers which add a wondefully modern twist on the otherwise vintage feel to this kit.  Beautiful florals, dresses and elegant ladies run throughout and the wonderfully lush feel makes it a real joy to use.

I have created another layout and a couple more cards and still have lots of bits left over so you may see yet more creations appearing!!!

 'Cherish U 3' by Kate Holliday
I love this beautiful die-cut lace paper but decided that I wanted to use it on more than one project so chose to cut a couple of pieces off it for this layout and reserved the rest for another time!  I laced the satin ribbon through the eyelet holes in the paper and matted my photos onto the pretty blue doily paper.  I then used various scraps of leftovers from other projects as a border under my photos ensuring that this lovely quote, 'Cherish the Moments for they too become Memories', came down below the border.  My simple title fitted onto one of the sticker tags (after a little trimming of the stickers) and I tucked part of the lace die-cut and my journaling in on the left side.  The whole thing was then matted onto the dark brown cardstock so that the papers and photos really stand out.  These photos were taken in 2004 and my children are now in their mid and late teens so I scrapped this with a great deal of nostalgia and my journaling does reflect this.

 'For You' Card by Kate Holliday
Making cards with this kit is a doddle, there are so many beautiful elements to use from the sticker sheet or cut from the patterned papers.  All except the die-cut paper are double sided so I was able to fold back my backing paper to reveal the design on the reverse which is the same paper as the rose and leaves are cut from so it all ties in.  The brown spotty paper revealed behind is actually just a very small scrap left over from one of the previous layouts I made but was all I needed to 'pop behind'.  I used the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edger Punch to create the pretty lace-effect borders that run across the middle of the card and these too were scraps left over and a great deal of paper piecing went on to give the effect that they run right across the card - they don't!  I love the resin flowers that are our Add-on Kit this month and you really only need to use one at a time to be able to make a statement.  I was very pleased with how this turned out and just love the colouring.
'With Love' Card by Kate Holliday
Another card using up the leftovers (I have a lot of birthdays this month and next!).  The flower embellishment was made by cutting serveral circles in various sizes and dampening the edges and curling them into shape and then they were inked.  At the centre is another of the resin flowers from our Add-on Kit and I hand cut a couple of leaves from one of the patterned papers.  I distressed the edges of the backing paper and brown cardstock and tore the backing paper and popped a piece of lace behind that can poke out.  A very quick  but, I think, effective card, I hope you agree.

Do share any projects that you have made using the kit, I would love to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment