Saturday 11 February 2012

Love Me and Love Birds Layouts

With Valentines Day just around the corner we have a couple of layouts to show you; one using this February's Mini Kit, 'Love Me' using My Mind's Eye papers and design elements and the other using the 'Love Birds' Kit from last year which there are just a few of left.

 'Little You' by Kate Holliday
This is a layout of my son when he was little - he is now 19 and has grown somewhat!  He looks so sweet and innocent in this photo that the pinks and reds in the papers seemed fine to use even on a boy.  I do like to 'frame' my layouts so invariably will 'gut' the backing cardstock so not to waste it leaving just a small border that the pattterned paper then attaches to.  I can then use the left over cardstock on my layout etc.  With just one photo on a busy background I decided to matt the photo onto the Vanilla cardstock and cluster all the elements around that leaving the patterned paper to act as another frame and draw the eye in.  I loved the paper with the bunting and cut around two of them to 'string' across the top.  I used several of the die-cuts from the elements sheet (there are so many to choose from) and had fun with some of the die-cut buttons which I mounted onto chipboard and covered with Glossy Accents and threaded.  The Jounaling block was stamped using the Technique Tuesday stamp 'Today You..' by Ali Edwards which is a really useful and versatile stamp.  I diecut a scallop circle to break up the right-hand-side and used some of the remaining cardstock and the gorgeous crochet ribbon to act as a border under the photo.    I love scrapping some of the old photos of my children as I didn't come to scrapbooking until they were in their teens so feel I missed out a bit!

'Celidh' by Deb Whittaker
This is such a fun layout by Deb of a friend's 25th Wedding Anniversary Celidh.  I had forgotten how much I love these Fancy Pants Papers that make up the 'Love Birds' Kit!  They are so bright and cheerful and are a really fun love range.  Deb has created two large hearts to matt the photos onto and as she had so many photos has cut around the people so that you can see them more clearly and more could fit on.  I think it gives the right fun, happy feel to what was a happy and fun occasion.  Deb has also created some bunting to string across which she has also added her title to and with the addition of some brads and a small sticker from the kit she has created a great layout of a wonderful occasion.

If you are being treated to a day or evening out for Valentines Day you will need to ensure that you have photos taken and one of our kits will be the perfect way to ensure that the memories are kept.  I hope you have fun whatever you are doing.

1 comment:

  1. Love your layouts, will use my kit this weekend as we still have snow in the chilly south!

    ReplyDelete