Thursday 5 May 2011

My Favourite Soups!

I just love the new 'Soup' ranges from Jillibean Soup and both Nicky and I have had a lot of fun playing with them as you will see below.

'The Fruits of Your Labours' I created using the 'Dutch Mustard Soup' range which is in gorgeous shades of browns, greens and oranges - almost autumnal - which are very much my colours.  I 'gutted' two of the papers to allow me to use the inards for matting etc and also sewed around the frames and down the middle of the three butterflies so that their wings could be lifted.  There are two butterflies that come on the diecut sheet and so I used the hole that was left when I pushed one out to use as a template for another butterfly as I wanted three!

Materials Used:-
Patterned Papers:- Dutch Mustard Soup 'Cornstarch', 'Leeks', 'Wholegrain Mustard' by Jillibean Soup
Die Cuts and Journaling block:- Dutch Mustard Soup 'Pea Pod Parts (Diecuts)' - Jillibean Soup
Ribbon:- 'Bean Stalks - Brown Natural' - Jillibean Soup
Letters:- 'Chipboard Alphas - Gingham', 'Kraft Mini Alphas - Brown' - Jillibean Soup



These gorgeous photos are of one of my Godsons on his fifth birthday when he visited 'Build-a-bear' and actually chose a dog (he is dog mad) instead of a bear but he loved it!  I once again used the Dutch Mustard Soup range (I told you I loved it!) as the tones worked perfectly picking up the bear and flooring in the photos.  I tore one of the sheets of paper and then wet the edges so that I could curl them in.  When they are dry they stiffen and so stay as you have molded them which gives a great 3D effect.

Materials Used:-
Patterned Papers:- Dutch Mustard Soup, 'Gruyere Cheese', 'Cornstarch', 'Creme Fraiche', 'Dry Mustard Powder' - Jillibean Soup
Die-Cuts:- Dutch Mustard Soup 'Pea Pod Parts (Diecuts)' - Jillibean Soup
Corrugated Frame:- 'Corrugated Kraft Frames' - Jillibean Soup
Ribbon:- 'Black Paw Print Twill' - May Arts
Letters:- 'Playroom Felt Thickers - Chestnut' - American Crafts, 'Kraft Mini Alphas - Brown' - Jillibean Soup


This gorgeous layout, 'Free Wheeling', is by Nicky and uses the beautiful, summery papers from the 'Blossom Soup' range.  I just love how she has created the flowers along the top, it really adds to the carefree feel of this layout.  She has also cut out some of the clouds from the 'Corn Kernals' sheet and added a foam pad behind to give a bit of depth to her layout and to make them stand out from the cardstock below.

Materials Used:-
Patterned Papers:- 'Blossom Soup', 'Anejo Cheese', 'Cornmeal', 'Corn Kernals' - Jillibean Soup
Die-cuts:- Blossom Soup 'Pea Pod Parts (Diecuts)' - Jillibean Soup
Cardstock:- White - Bazzill
Letters:- 'Corrugated Alphas - White' - Jillibean Soup
Buttons & Embroidery Thread are Designer's own

So do you have a favourite Soup?!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great layouts! Blossom Soup is my favourite from the new collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia, so glad you like the layouts and, you are right, Blossom Soup is really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete