Wednesday 4 May 2011

Birthday Gift Box!

I love the new kit Kate has put together - from the name (Spotted Owl Soup!) to the lovely fresh colours (greens, blues and yellows) to the fabulous embellishments. I really enjoyed using it to put togther a couple of layouts (take a look at the gallery on the Bellaboo website). As this month's kit had a birthday theme, I was inspired to use the leftover patterned paper to make a card and a matching gift box, and I was very pleased with the results! I thought I would share with you how I made the gift box so you can have a go yourselves!

Step 1
The template can be downloaded as a PDF here.
Cut out the template shapes and glue together where indicated. Lay the template on a piece of 12 x 12 cardstock, and cut out the gift box (along the solid lines). Score along the dotted lines.
Step 2
Using two different sheets of patterened paper, cut out four rectangles (measuring 8.5 by 6.5 cm) and four triangles (measuring 6.5 cm along the base and 6cm along each side).


Adhere to each side of the gift box. Punch out the holes at the top of each triangle and set an eyelet in each one.
Step 3
Embelish the gift box using the pea pod parts and the cardstock stickers. Thread the green ribbon through the eyelets and tie in a bow to close the box, and - voila - the perfect box for small gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment