Thursday 28 June 2012

Nature's Colour Palette

I had a good sort out last week of various projects that needed completing.  I have a rule that no layout gets to go into my album until it is completely finished; journalled, dated etc, but this does mean that I have ended up with a pile of layouts that need finsihing off!  In some cases it was that I simply needed to look up the date of when an event happened, in another I wanted to journal but it was quite personal journaling that needed some thought etc.  Other projects not only need finishing, they almost need starting (!) where I have chosen some papers to go with photos and then not got any further... is there anyone else out there that has this problem or is it just me?!

Anyway, I was very proud of myself at the weekend because I finished three such projects and allowed myself to put them away appropriately in their albums which just gets me so excited (I know, 'little things please little minds', but ho hum!).  In addition, at our Crop on Tuesday evening I also finished this layout which I started several weeks ago at another Crop and for various reasons hadn't quite finished.

'Nature's Colour Palette' by Kate Holliday

Supplies Used:-
Stamps: Tim Holtz Fairytale Frenzy, Tim Holtz Psychedelic Grunge - Stampers Anonymous
Patterned Papers: All About Me 'Looking Ahead', 'You're Timeless' - Websters Pages
Cardstock: White, Twilight Medium - Bazzill
Ink: DewDrop Versa Magic 'Aegean Blue' - Tsukineko
Paint: Adirondack Paint Dabbers Bright 'Citrus' - Ranger
Adhesives: Craft Foam Pads - Stix2

The above items are all available on the website

I adore these Websters papers and felt they worked perfectly with my subject and enhanced what I was trying to say.  The Tim Holtz 'Fairytale Frenzy' stamp set has this beautiful floral stamp that reminded me so much of the way a Bluebell bends over at the top and so I wanted to include this in my layout also.  I layered up the main image and cut out various parts from the Websters All About Me 'Looking Ahead' paper (Websters papers are perfect for fine cutting) and I was really pleased with the end result.  The title was cut out on my Cricut.

Hope you like and thank you for looking :).
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment