Saturday 28 June 2014

Awesome Highline

Hello Everyone

One of the big hits at the Spring CHA was the Basic Grey range 'Highline'.  It has the most stunning colour palette, a real sunset mix, with a big dab of black which sets it off amazingly.  When you look on the internet there are some incredible creations using this range that have a real 'live & kicking' attitude.

I love this range and the vitality of it but when creating the following layout decided to pare it down a little by basing the vibrant colours against a white ground which still makes the colours 'pop' but gives a more soothing feel which is what I was looking for.

 'Celebrate with you' by Kate Holliday
I used the 'Awesome' paper from the Highline range and spent a very happy time cutting out loads of the flowers - I find it very relaxing cutting out and it gives me time to mull over how I want the layout to evolve. I sewed around the white cardstock in a pale pink and then flicked some of the Dylusions Ink Spray 'Bubblegum Pink' across the paper to add extra interest.  I quite often choose to 'flick' rather than spray as it once again gives a more delicate look and also stops the paper from getting very wet and distorted but it does depend on the look I am trying to achieve.

The reverse of the 'Awesome' paper has a delicate pale pink and white design which was perfect as a matt for my photos and I edged this with the border strip from the paper.  The large title is cut on my Cricut and the black word stickers are Tim Holtz 'Label Letters'.  The stamps I used for the journaling are 'Today You' by Ali Edwards' from Technique Tuesday.  I find the journaling lines are really useful and if I want shorter lines, as I did here, I just put the stamp on a small stamping block so some of it hangs over the edge and so doesn't get stamped.

So having completed my layout I still had some scraps left and as a friend was turning 50 I created the card below with the leftovers.  I cut the numbers out on my Cricut first and then cut the cardstock to size.  I used 3D foam to raise the cardstock up off the patterned paper at the back and with the addition of the sewing and 'flicking' I just added a few flowers and it was done.


Hope you are finding time for some crafting.  We have some amazing new ranges in over the last few months so make sure you check the website regularly.

Happy Crafting!

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment