Friday 25 April 2014

Spring is here - time to get out the flower stamps!

Hello all,

I haven't posted for a while but I have been inspired by the spring weather (and the relaxing school holidays) to 'craft outside the box'.  These days I am often crafting just to get a card made for someone's birthday but I don't usually get a chance to try something new.  I had seen an article on using a brayer to create a panel of graduated colour (by Marie Jones in Papercraft Essentials).  I was struck by the beautiful, bright shades of yellow so thought I would give it a go.

Confession time:  using the brayer was a disaster!  All I ended up with a smugy, orange mess.  I think I have the wrong type of brayer!  So it was back to the old technique of blending Distress Inks - but doing it in a NEW way - with three shades of one colour - Squeezed Lemonde, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey.  I used the IndigoBlu 'Wild Meadow' stamp set, one of my all time favourites, and the sentiment stamps were both freebies from Craft Stamper.   I love the clean, crisp results and am grateful for my Martha Stewart's butterfly punch as I needed a strategic butterfly to cover a small stamping error.  Of course, as it is spring, the butterflies then went everywhere!

 
Have a great weekend!
Nicky x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment