Tuesday 14 May 2013

Attitude!

Hi Everyone

I have a layout to share with you today.  It is created using papers from the Kaisercraft range 'Attitude'.


'Man with Van' by Kate Holliday

The layout is of my son taken last summer.  He had got himself a summer job and was delighted when that included doing deliveries in the firm's pick-up truck!

I have curled and distressed the papers and created a 'frame' using the 'Teenager' paper.  The 'Dude' paper has a very pale reverse side so I stamped on this using the Tim Holtz stamp set 'Ultimate Grunge' which, as the name suggests, helped to grunge things up a little!  In addition I added some 'splatz' (such a wonderful technical term!!!) using the Black Soot Distress Stain.  You literally hold the bottle up high and bang it down on your paper creating .... yes, you guessed it, a splat!  This simple but wonderfully effective technique is a little addictive and I think I may be 'splatting' on everything!  

I layered up the photos using a gears die by Tim Holtz which I have in my own stash and die cut the title and also used some little alpha stickers.  I created a little file folder to hold the journaling which I made out of 'Rebel' paper which has a great distressed fence design on the reverse which I really love.  I tied up the folder using Black Bakers Twine.  All edges were inked using Black Soot Distress Ink.

Thanks for looking
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment