Saturday 22 September 2012

Trying to get organised!

I had a really lovely afternoon with my neighbour Tracy on Tuesday when we got together for some crafting time and more specifically to begin making some Christmas cards.  Now I know many of you will have started yours a good while ago or stagger them throughout the year but I am just not that organised and always end up very stressed during December (I know many of us are but my other friend Tracy tells me that it is self-induced... well you can't beat a good friend for being honest with you!!) because I have to/want to make homemade Christmas cards.  Well I have decided that this year will be different (hmm, watch this space!) and have begun to make a start.

I haven't quite finished the ones I started at Tracy's on Tuesday but I do have some other ones I have made using the beautiful Prima 'North Country' range from last year which I absolutely love.  As well as the three cards I have made - actually I am cheating because I made them last December but didn't quite get round to finishing them :( - I have also made a layout with this range.

As well as a selection of papers from the range I have also used the Flower Market flowers and the Cling Mounted Stamp Set which has a great selection of different stamps making it very versatile, and the Chipboard Stickers.

 The images on the papers and stamps match each other perfectly so I was able to die cut the deer picture from the paper and then stamp an identical image which I then cut out and placed to one side.  This one was 9 pieces of the 'Maine Meadow' paper cut into small squares and then sewn on to the backing card which is then mounted on the card so that none of the loose ends show.  I finished off with a few flowers.

You can't really see from this picture but the front of this card is only half of the card, the red part, which opens up and then behind is some plain card for writing your greeting.  I have also used the Fiskars 'Apron Lace' punch on this one and the one below.

 There was no stamping on this card other than the greeting, the deers are cut from the patterened paper and with the addition of some flowers which I glittered I am really pleased with the effect.

'Christmas on the Common' by Kate Holliday

We regularly walk our dog on our local common and after a heavy snowfall it looks absolutely stunning.  Added to that the authority who maintain the common had made this rustic Christmas Tree with a plaque to wish all the 'Common Users' a very Happy Christmas and with the addition of a wonderful snowman created by one of the 'users' the whole place felt really festive. 

As well as the beautiful papers from the North Country range I have also misted some of the Pink Paislee 'Mistables Chipboard Alphas' in the Cosmic Shimmer Mist 'Teal Wash' and added buttons from the 'Aqua Splash' pack which I glittered to represent snowflakes. 

I will endeavour to continue with my Christmas Cards and then plan for a stress-free December !!!!

Have a great weekend.
Kate xxx

1 comment:

  1. All these cards are stunning. So gorgeous designs. I want to work for the Print VIP cards company and these cards inspire me so more. I really appreciate all the cards. Thanks for sharing these inspirational creations.

    ReplyDelete