Sunday 15 April 2012

Love Is...

 ...making a card for a friend!  I thought I would share this card I made for Nicky, whose birthday it was yesterday.  It was made using the 'Love Is' stamp from IndigoBlu which is just so beautiful and detailed it is a joy to use.  The design is along the lines of the 'Ella Bella' card I made last month but with a different colourway.  I had lots of fun using various Distress Inks and blending them until I was happy with the effect.  I do so love the warm colour ranges of the Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick which were toned down on this card by the use of the cooler tones 'Broken China' and 'Mustard Seed'.  I flicked water onto the inks when I had finished blending which reacts with these waterbased dies to give the splattered effect that you see.  Not much water is needed so be careful and then either leave to dry naturally or finish with a heat gun.


Once I had finished the background I stamped the image in the centre using Fired Brick and also parts of the same stamp around the outside and finished off with a red gem.  Matting it against black really makes it stand out.

The inside of the card was done in exactly the same way although here you can see that I got slightly more carried away with the water (hence my warning above!) but I do like the effect so all was not lost!!

Supplies Used:-
White and black cardstock
'Love Is' stamp by IndigoBlu
Distress Ink Pads: Broken China, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick
Ink Blending Tool
Ink Blending Foam

Hope you like the card, Nicky seemed pleased :).

Have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment