Thursday 28 July 2011

A Little Salt Air

It has been a little while since I posted but everything seems to have been on hold lately.  However, I finally got round to a little bit of crafting yesterday and oh it was blissful!!  I have been playing with the wonderfully fun Cosmo Cricket range 'Salt Air'.  This is a bright and cheerful summer range with great cartoon-inspired images and was a joy to use.


'Beach Fun' by Kate Holliday

Materials Used:-
Papers: Salt Air 'Borders', 'Coral Bloom', 'Elements', 'Half Shell', 'Tiny Bubbles' - Cosmo Cricket
Cardstock: 'Watermelon' - Bazzill
Title: 'Corrugated Kraft Alphas', 'Alphabeans Cardstock Stickers - Roasted Red' - Jillibean Soup
Other: 'Glossy Accents' - Ranger, 'Pigment Brush Inkpad - Cranberry' - Color Box

The papers were just the perfect colour combination for these photos of my daughter and mum taken some years back on a holiday to Devon.  I chose the slightly more 'girlie' papers from the range and chose to cut some of the pattern on the 'Half Shell' paper to create a border along the bottom of my photo grouping.  The sweet little star fish are on the 'Borders' paper and I cut them out individually and put 'Glossy Accents' on them to give them a sheen.


'Row Your Boat' by Kate Holliday

Materials Used:-
Papers: Salt Air 'Deck Chairs', 'Elements', 'Fish Tales', 'Sea Garden' - Cosmo Cricket
Title: 'Tiny Circle Alpha Stickers - Vintage Red' - Jenni Bowlin
Other: 'Craft Foam Pads' - Stix2

I tried to make this layout have a bit of whimsy and fun to represent the fun and laughter we had on this afternoon in our rowing boat.  I cut up elements from the 'Sea Garden' papers and the rowing boat images from the 'Elements' sheet were perfect.  I also used one of the journaling blocks from the 'Elements' sheet and gutted the middle to create a frame to draw the eye onto what my daughter was pointing at.

I love Cosmo Cricket papers and the 'Salt Air' range doesn't disappoint for any summer or seaside themed layouts you wish to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment